Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How long can pinky mice or pinky rats survive without its mom?

When i go to the reptile show by my house in less than a week..im getting 2 snakes and i wanted to know how long a pinky mice or rat would survive if i were to bring it home?How long can pinky mice or pinky rats survive without its mom?
Hi Patrick...didn't you ask this same question just the other day? Same answer, pinky mice and pinky rats can live maybe 1 day without their mother's milk.How long can pinky mice or pinky rats survive without its mom?
1 or 2 days, rarely 3. Not real nice for the baby rodent though.


Personally, I dont recommend buying them at the show the same day as buying the snakes, because it would be best to let the snakes settle into their new homes for at least a few days, 5-7 days would be better- before offering food.


Also, I dont recall seeing live rodents for sale at shows, only frozen- but I suppose its possible. It would be a good time to get a good deal on some frozen, but first ask the snake dealer if those particular snakes are used to previously frozen food. Most snakes will take them without problem but some boas and pythons are pickier. I have only a few snakes in my large collection that only take live.
I had a Small Boa for a while and getting pinky mice and fuzzes was a pain. My snake only needed to be feed once a week and Boa's like to be feed on schedule. I would have to go from pet store to pet store sometimes to find them, because they would be sold out. I have had them die on a 20 min. drive home. They usually only last a few hours maybe a day tops. I never seen how long they last once they were in the tank they were pretty much gone.
Well that depends. I feed pinkies to my lizard sometimes. If you keep them in good care maybe 3 days. You could feed it milk and get it to 4 - 5 days. I know my reptiles so go by what I say and you will be alright.
Pinkies are essentially glorified fetuses and as such are completely helpless. They wouldn't survive long at all.
dont do that. i think its cruel to feed them to snakes as it is but they will die in about a day
not long if thay pink then thay vary vary young one and need mom milk to survive and live!!!!!!
1 or 2 days
2 days max

No comments:

Post a Comment