Sunday, February 7, 2010

How can I tell if I have mice or rats in my home?

I caught a mouse in a trap, but it looks like the dead mouse got eaten by something. Is this the work of a cannibalistic mouse or a rat?How can I tell if I have mice or rats in my home?
Yep, you've got cannibalistic rodents...let's hope they don't move to anything larger!





I've caught what I thought were mice and later realized were baby rats. If you catch another one you can tell if it's a baby by looking at is closely.


If they're in the house and there's any dust, you can look for footprints and tell by the size if there's an adult rat around. You can also put out a larger trap and see if you catch a rat.





We had a huge rat problem in my county about 5 years ago. I adopted (rescued) the two cats that I have now to help. Learned all about rodent control, it was really gross.





Best wishes!How can I tell if I have mice or rats in my home?
usually where there is mice there is no rats, for some reason and not sure of the answer this is the way it works. usually where there is 1 mouse there are lots more behind them. buy a few traps don't know what you used for bait but peanut butter is the best way to catch them and you can just spread it on the trap harder for them to eat it off without getting caught.
Mice are more common, and when there is one mouse, there are usually several. And yes, they eat dead animals.





Rats are larger, and thus tend to leave more obvious destruction. If you don't know if you have rats, then you probably don't have rats.
If you've got rodents, you'll see their doppings in your cabinets %26amp; drawers in the kitchen. I've never heard of mice eating other mice but rats will eat anything.
  • loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment