Friday, February 12, 2010

What is the best way to get rid of mice from your home?

I have tried glue boards, mouse traps, decon, ect.., but they still come in %26amp; die in wierd places. I saw a book recently on QVC that I think is called Critter Ridder(?). It tells you how to get rid of mice by using peppermint oil (?). I don't have this book , but if someone does, can you look that up for me %26amp; tell me what I need to do to get rid of these mice once %26amp; for all. It's a very old house %26amp; I don't think it's possible (in my situation) to close all of their entry points. Thanks alot !What is the best way to get rid of mice from your home?
How about getting a cat. They are very low matinance, and they will catch your mice for free.What is the best way to get rid of mice from your home?
Sorry, in my opinion none of these answers really addressed my question. Did any of you read my question? A cat, didn't I say I was allergic to them?

Report Abuse



call mouse hunters , in the yellow pages
Get a big cat!
poison.


bait.. gone in 2 or 3 days..


decon
Send in the Super Cats. Always work. Guaranteed.
I tried the mouse traps, and after smashing half my fingers off, i trapped the sucker. I set them at night before i went to bed, and just as i was getting cozy for sleeping i heard it go SNAP
I don't know bout the book but moth balls work if it will not affect your child. I have a Chow and two Jack Russels all of which are excellent hunters. However because they hide so well the dogs couldn't catch them in the house.


I had them so bad that they made nest in the top, underneath and the side insulation of my gas oven/stove.


I had to take the stove apart remove all the fiberglass and put in more. Then you clean your house REAL good. Get rid of all OPEN containers with food. Change any cereal/flour/meal products to tightly sealed plastic Rubbermaid or Tupperware containers.


I brought 4 electronic sound devices. I placed one so the sound crosses the patio door, on each side facing each other. I put one behind the stove and another under the kitchen sink. All on the floor.


I also had rat poison down but it didn't stop them. I went to the products web site. They said get rid of all poison cause it is a source of food and will attract the vermin.


I did so and have not had any problems in over 4 years.
pied piper?
Get those stick-em, pre-glued boards made for that purpose. The instructions say to fold them into a little triangle house, but I just lay them flat, place a dab of peanut butter in the middle, so the mouse must go on the them to get this bait (the boards are scented with a grain type of smell as an attractant, but the peanut butter is what they really go after), and they will stick to them. Discard. Keep them on hand in case of sporadic infestations. These almost always work.
Maybe you should get a cat. You know they love to catch mice.
Actually a cat is not useful if you are infested with mice ... they are good for keeping them away once the infestation is taken care of. I tried every trick also including those silly Ultrasonic sound devices and the only thing that worked for me was to keep setting the traps with peanut butter.


I was getting 3 -4 a day for a week and they finally disappeared. I set up about a dozen along the outside walls and under the cupboards.

No comments:

Post a Comment