Sunday, February 7, 2010

I have had to remove 2 dead mice from my backyard in the past two weeks, what could be the problem?

We have a pretty small backyard and the mice seem to be babies.We have been in this place for over ten years and this has never happened.I have had to remove 2 dead mice from my backyard in the past two weeks, what could be the problem?
Is there a cat around? We have a stray outside cat that comes around once in awhile and we sometimes find dead mice on our front walkway.I have had to remove 2 dead mice from my backyard in the past two weeks, what could be the problem?
They could have originated from a home near by that has cleanliness issues, As they stay out of your home that's all I would concern myself with.
Looks like mouse homicide. Might have to hire the Great Mouse Detective.
The problem is the mice left behind to breed look for rubbish a place where they can keep warm and a source for food


could be in a neighbours yard they may not know it is surpriseing how small a hole they can get through so check


indoors if you cannot deal with them yourself contact your local council the pest control officer will help.
Cats, stray or ones belonging to a neighbor, tend to leave dead mice lying around. And the mice could have come from another nearby home, an abandoned lot or undeveloped natural area nearby, a woodpile somewhere, a brushpile nearby, a compost heap, a shed, etc.





Also- believe it or not, some dogs are mousers too! I've had a terrier, a dachshund, and a poodle, all 3 of which killed mice and left them out for me to find.





There is also a tiny possibility that there is a weirdo or rebellious teen in your area who is leaving dead critters there just because they don't like you or they are trying to stress you out.
Do you own a cat ? Mine leave me these little gifts all the time. RScott

No comments:

Post a Comment