Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is it ok to keep three female mice together in a 10 gallon tank?

I've had pet mice before, but I've always kept them in pairs. I've got the ten gallon set up with hides, toys, etc. I had a pair of mice, but one of them died over the weekend. I would like to get two more females, but I need to know if their habitat is big enough.Is it ok to keep three female mice together in a 10 gallon tank?
According to this website:


http://www.thefunmouse.com/info/cagecalc鈥?/a>


you can keep up to 4 in a ten gallon tank. They also give you a cage size calculator, so that should help you out!Is it ok to keep three female mice together in a 10 gallon tank?
u may want to get a bigger tank because the one mouse mite be terrioteral with two new females. that or slowly introduce them and keep the other two seperate from ur first for a little until they feel comfortable with each other.
Yeah if they get along REAL good if not get a bigger tank if they get along but not great
id get more or theyll start killing each other
Yeah, it's fine.


You may want to think about investing in some sort of tank topper one day though, to give them more room to climb.
I would think that would be kind of crammed because I have my 2 male mice in a 20 gal long tank. I was thinking about moving my not so nice male to a 10 gal tank by himself...But I wouldn't go over 3 in the ten gallon, but it would be okay. Just maybe give them one bigger house, paper towel roll, food bowl, water bottle, and that's it so they have enough room. But I would really if you can recommend a 20gal long tank for your little friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment