Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Get rid of mice under my stove?

For the past couple of days, one of my cat has been scratching at the area under the stove repeatedly which leads be to believe there's a mouse or mice under there. A week ago, there was a mouse that was freely running around, which the cat caught within 5 mins of me noticing it was there. I don't see mouse droppings on the countertop or really anywhere else, so I am not 100% sure there's one under there. The stove is backed into a tight cranny and almost painted onto the wall, so moving it out really isn't an option. How do I get rid of the mice? I don't want to use traps because the cats will just activate them and hurt themselves (snap traps) or get stuck on them (glue traps). Also, poison obviously is not a good idea because of the risk they get into it or eat a mouse that's been poisoned. Any other ideas? It is also possible that it has moved through the walls or along the floor heating pipe to another cat-less apartment in the building.Get rid of mice under my stove?
I'd still opt for traps if possible, and just keep the cats away from the area for a time. If you use poison, the mice/rats will tend to crawl back into the walls (or wherever) to die; that happened once in a house that I lived in, and it STANK!!! I will never use bait again. Beyond bait and traps, the only alternative I can think of are live traps, and you would still need to keep the cats away.Get rid of mice under my stove?
Victor electric mouse trap. See the link below for reviews. Not cheap, but will highly effective and won't hurt your cat.
Just make sure you leave no food for the mouse to eat. They eat the smallest crumb they find . So sweep up or vacuum when finished in the kitchen or dinning room, Remove your pet麓s feeding and drinking dishes at night , and if it does麓t starve to dead , your cat will catch it. They only live where there is a good source off food. If you have any small cracks or holes in your house fill them with cement or plaster and reinforce with wire wool

No comments:

Post a Comment