Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do you get rid of squirrells and mice in your walls and attic?

I bought electronic repellers but they don't seem to be working. I can hear the mice (or a squirrel)in the walls and ceilings trying to chew their way out. I will have a heart attack if that happens. I want to get rid of them before they make it to the inside perimeter of the house. I am also trying to get rid of roaches. This is an old brick home built in the late 60's. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.How do you get rid of squirrells and mice in your walls and attic?
Try placing mothballs in the walls of the atticHow do you get rid of squirrells and mice in your walls and attic?
Set out a small live trap in your attic, or several, and bait with peanut butter (which both squirrels and mice love). You can release them in a park, but do it really far away from your house.
Try mouse traps I find them very effective with mice. Squirrels I don't know. Maybe you need a cat. I don't recommend poison, the animal may eat it then crawl into your wall or into your attic and die. Which will solve the chewing problem. But could lead to a terrible odor situation if it gets stuck somewhere where you can't find it and decomposes. Not a good thing... good luck
I am not sure.. In my shotgun house in KY, we just poured bleach on them. But it really isn't very humane... It certainly knocked them dead though! good luck~ You may need to call a pest exterminator if it panics you... Then you won't have to touch the little mice or handle the carcasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment