Sunday, February 7, 2010

What is the best way to keep mice out of my cabin this winter?

I live in a cabin in the woods of Wisconsin. It's an awesome little place. But it's just me and my daughter and we hate mice. For some reason they freamk me out so I'd appreciate as many suggestions as I can to keep them out of my home.What is the best way to keep mice out of my cabin this winter?
fill every hole the size of a dime or bigger w/ steel wool, you can trap, but the baits, under the house, in the attic, in the house, %26amp; possible placed in a place whers wild life cannot get??? possible in side a lenght of pvc pipe afixed to the ground by stakes...or nailed up ( baits come with holes in the block ) somewhere only mice could get





good luckWhat is the best way to keep mice out of my cabin this winter?
Keep all cubboards, drawers and closets open, mice only like places that are dark and enclosed.

Report Abuse



get a cat.
to kill them with poison,ha ha ...
It sounds cruel but put a little anifreeze out. its sweet and they like it. Once they die their bodies dont smell. My dad has a cabin in the UP of michigan and a friend told im that about a year ago and it got rid of the problem big time. We went up a year after we put it out and we only found 2 and usually its like 7 or 8. over time there wont be any. dont let your daughter get into it because its a painful slow death.
Spread moth balls all over the place....
my brother in Canada told me that there they use to have attached town houses no matter how much you keep your house clean but they will come from attic.so there is some kind of thing that the exterminators wrap in some kind of food and put in attic that rats and mice eat and run to the place where they have colonies and they get blooded so much and burst in there hiding places so other rats will eat them and in a chain reaction the whole colony of rats can be destroy.for that kind of thing you have to find the exterminator company.


but for my yard i find the best and cheapest solution to buy the rat poison food one is called d-con,kills mice,in a small carton,use the directions,it really works,and the good thing is the rat or mice will never die inside the house it must run outside and the poison kills him.


the second rat killer i do not remember but they are green cubes like food in a box like ten cubes /box that i throw under the shed and in the corner behind the stuffs,if big rat comes and eat that will kill him and rat will run out to die.you can get these from home depot store.


i literally have no rat and mice.and have seen many dead in the alley or dead bodies in the yard.that means to me it works.and it works for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment