Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do I stop my cat eating the mice she brings hom?

She is 18 months old and will only eat the heads off the mice, otheriwse she is sooo cute. Is it the food I give her. She eats dried complete cat food? Can anyone help?How do I stop my cat eating the mice she brings hom?
There is not alot you can do aprt from not letting her out, which would not be fair on her. Its natural to her.How do I stop my cat eating the mice she brings hom?
i would let her eat mice because they are over populated, to stop her don't let her outside or kill it and buy a new one.
cats are carnivores u cant really stop them aslong if u keep them as a inside cat! Its in there nature to hunt cause my cat she is like 16years old she use to always bring me mice,squirrels,hamsters,rats, etc to me its not the food u fed her its just the way they are!
Take it away. That's the only way you can get her from stopping to eat it. She is a predator and is meant to catch stuff like that. It will add stuff to her diet and it tastes good to her. If I was you, I'd let her eat it, just be sure to keep her on a good worming program for both her intestines and heart worms. You are lucky, I live in the country and my cat catches rabbits and eats every bit of it except the head and backbone, even tho he is fed twice a day. Sometimes cats just love to do it.
She's a cat being a cat. You can't stop her unless you remove the mice from where ever she's finding them-but then she may start bringing home squirrels : )
you dont....the cat is just doing whats natural...leave it alone and stop interfering.
why stop her doing what is perfectly natural and normal? It is added protein to her diet. my 10 cats all catch and eat rodents and I'm happy that they do. Be sure and worm her every 3 months.
I would get rid of her! That is nasty! She can give you a million diseases! Get rid of that nasty animal!
You need to cover those mice in really hot chilli sauce. Force feed her the first one - she won't want a second helping.
i know it is gross,but get a hold of the mouse and douse it in vinigar,he will soon learn that mice taste mad and will stop.
Most cats (for some odd reason) only like to eat the heads, I think it is because they are trying to provide food for you! My cat did it all the time and would look up at people, like she wanted them to eat the rest.
you cannot stop a cat from bring mice,birds into your home as its natures way of bring gifts back to you as cats have a wild nature in them


the only way to stop this is to keep your cat indoors all the time
it is perfectly normal for your cat to eat mice! its in thier nature,they were not born to live in houses but the only solutions i could think of maybe is give her a collar with a bell or perhaps disipline maybe by speaking in a nasty tone and putting her straight back outside, cats are very clever, and mine certanly have learnt!
You cannot mess with nature cats are known for brilliant hunting .. i myself have 6 cats and know what your talking about.. You don't want to pet them and they certainly won't be lying in my bed. The only way you can help him to not bring back mice is a bell but i do not think that is fair!
It's natural instinct, nothing you can do other than take it away when you can. In which case the cat will just not eat it in your presence. Remember, cats are predators. Just on a smaller, cuter scale.
YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STOP HER, THIS IS A NATURAL THING FOR CATS.SHE IS BRINGING THE MICE HOME FOR YOU. MY DAUGHTERS CAT BRINGS BIRDS AS WELL. THE WORSE THING WAS A RAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment