Friday, February 12, 2010

What is an effective way to get rid of mice in my home?

I seem to be having a bit of a mouse problem. A few months ago my husband and I set out mouse traps and ended up catching about 15 within two days. The next four or five days after that there was no activity in the mouse traps. I thought we had finally gotten rid of them but now I'm seeing little mousie turds on my counter tops and have seen one or two crawling out of my oven. It's grossing me out and I was wondering if there was any other way that is effective without having to pay for an exterminator?What is an effective way to get rid of mice in my home?
There's a product called Warfarin that I've used in the past.The mice used to love to get into my mobile summer home.Every spring a big mess!!


I was advised to use this as it kills the mice but they dry up and causes no odor if one happens to die inside.


I placed it in old saucers around my home every fall when I left.


You could place a dish of this behind or inside the bottom of your stove and place others in your basement or wherever.Put them up along the rafters if you have little ones or animals.I've advised others to use this and it's worked well for everyone.Won't take long and you'll have no more mice.


The box may advise it's for rats but it's ok for you to use.It's the owner of our hardware store that told me to use it.What is an effective way to get rid of mice in my home?
Get a cat - short of that move the traps every few days and use peanut butter to entice them.
Why do you think they have exterminators..........because you can't really do it yourself effectively.
Get a kitty cat. We haven't seen evidence of a mouse in our house for years, unless its one they bring to us as a ';gift'; for providing shelter to them! No big fees for exterminator, they are on the job 24/7, and are non-toxic.
Sounds like a major problem, call an exterminator and consider getting a cat

No comments:

Post a Comment