Friday, February 12, 2010

How to keep mice out of the engine compartment of my car or truck if it's parked outside?

I have to park outside and I live in a wooded area. There are several mice around and they climb into the engine compartment and eat the insulation off the wiring.How to keep mice out of the engine compartment of my car or truck if it's parked outside?
Oh, that's bad, they can tear up a lot of stuff. The first thing I would advise to do is check around where you park your vehicle for anything that would attract them there. They are not normally attracted to a vehicle, but rather find it easy nesting because it is in close proximity to a food source. If you have food outside such as for a dog or cat, or garbage cans, or if you leave garbage or food in the vehicle itself. If you move these items inside or far away from the vehicle it may take care of your problem.How to keep mice out of the engine compartment of my car or truck if it's parked outside?
Try peppermint oil, under the hood, and in the interior. I have never tried it, and don't know where to get it, but I had the same problem with my tractor, and this is what the service center told me. I started parking my tractor in door's.
Keep cats in the area.


Leave mouse traps around.


Frequently move the vehicle.


Cover the entire vehiclewith a plastic sheet so that it cannot


be entered without chewing the plastic.


Pant the yummy wiring with something rapidly poisonous.
I had the same problem ,,i also live in a wooded area i put some moth balls around the area where they were trying to build a nest and they left,,an older person told me that it would work,,and sure enough it did,,i haven't had any trouble since i did this,,but you have to re-new them once in a while,,they loose there smell,,but it actually works,,i hope his help,s.
Place a bar of Irish Spring soap in the engine compartment in a cooler area, it works wonders, and usually lasts longer than mothballs.
the best thing to do is to go to teh nearest store. buy some dryer-freshener/softener sheets... then you stuff them around teh engine everywhere... the mice and rats REALLY hate the stuff so they stay away . it is safe and sanitary. and it will save you alotof money from repairing your truck.....try it out. it will work
Throw in some of the rodent bait. They will eat it and die..sad but true but it is chaper than getting the truck fixed.
  • loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment