Wednesday, February 10, 2010

High frequency devices really work to get rid of mice?

I believe that this divices may be fake just a gimmick to sell something. Anybody had an experience with this?High frequency devices really work to get rid of mice?
You are going to get answers both ways on this one. In my opinion, they do not work. I tried one of these units in a fishing camp and saw no apparent effect. In fact, we actually watched a couple of mice forage around a room while a nearby device was activated. For what it is worth, here is a link to my favorite website for the control of mice and other pests:





http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/mice鈥?/a>





Good luck with your rodent problems.High frequency devices really work to get rid of mice?
my sister swears by them, she used to have a bad problem in her basement, bought some kind of device that has kept them away.





Me, i prefer the feline mousetrap myself
I've never tried them because I have a dog and worry that the sound would bother him. I've had great success with this trap in my house, though:





http://veganstore.com/index.html?stocknu鈥?/a>





I've caught over ten mice with it so far and it can be used over and over indefinitely. Or, you can try making the free homemade humane trap described here:





http://www.helpinganimals.com/wildlife_l鈥?/a>





If you do live trap mice, please be sure to check the traps several times a day and release the mice promptly, approximately a mile away from your home. It is much more cruel to allow a mouse in a live trap to slowly starve to death than to kill it quickly with a snap trap. Also, if you use the live traps outside, put some bedding (torn-up paper towels or cotton balls) inside the trap so the mice won't freeze to death during the night. When you release the mice, do it in an area with some sheltering bushes or plants. If you are a kind person, you might also leave a little bird seed or oatmeal for them.





The absolute cruelest traps are glue traps. Mice have been known to gnaw off their own limbs and tear off their skin in an effort to escape, as they starve or dehydrate to death or suffocate in the glue. Poison isn't any better, as the mice die slowly and painfully from internal bleeding. It can take up to a week for them to die, and then they smell as they rot behind your walls.





It doesn't take much extra effort to be kind. You will feel better and so will the mice! Good luck!
They work for me. I thought they might be a gimmick too until my mom bought one. she got it at sears some years ago works great they now keep it in their motor home to keep the pack rats out. I've got the ones made by black and decker and sunbeam. they have a more limited coverage area. you do have to remember that you will see more mice before you see none, as they are looking for away back out. the people at the feed store where we got ours warned us about this. so we did see more for a week or two before we didn't see anymore.
Glue traps are the best method to trap rats and mice.





I found detailed information at http://www.pests.in

No comments:

Post a Comment