Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I need to get rid of the mice in my house?

I know I need to plug up any holes I find. Will that expanding foam insulation stuff that comes in a can work? Or will they just chew through that too? Any suggestions appreciated.I need to get rid of the mice in my house?
i put one of those sonic repellent box in my attic and haven't seen a mouse in a year it didn't affect any of my animals but it is in the attic, i don't know if they could hear it if it was in the house. they say only small rodents can hear it. if you use deacon and have dogs or cats make sure they cant get into it. put a milk crate over it so the mice can get in and dogs cant. I also have a ';tin cat'; trap in my barn that works good. its like a live trap that doesn't need to be reset they just run up a ramp inside and it dumps them off the other side and falls back down to let another one run up. they say you can let them go outside but i fill it with deacon so they have something to eat while they're in it.I need to get rid of the mice in my house?
Folks Please! You wanta get rid of mice! either call an exterminator or.%26gt;%26gt; Block the holes with steel wool they cant chew threw it but first put some rat killer in the hole it,ll kill mice also. Also use moth balls in area,s with clothing or closets they hate it keeps them away. I bought a fixer upper home with atleast 50 mice in it, the cats were scared to come in because of them. It smelled like a gerbal cage inside. It,s now the taush-mahuall. The mice were gone in 3 days, oh i still get 1 accasionally because im in farm country but they dont stick around very long. My wife uses alot of bleach based cleaners they dont like that much either. I know mothballs stink but you Know what! dogs and cats dont like it either so, it,s a good idea to put them in the poison treated area,s also, this will keep your pet,s away from it. Buy some and try to get your cat or dog to sniff it you,ll see what i mean. Have fun-----I darn sure did--(yahoohoo).
Two things worked for my Mom, she got a cat and a litter box( mice smell the litter box and know you have a cat. Also mice hate peppermint oil. Mom put on cotton balls and put in different places around house and once a week changed them with new ones. The mice left.
YOUD BE SURPRISED THE SMALL HOLE A MOUSE WILL GET THRO EXPANDING FOAM IS NO GOOD CHICKEN WIRE OR BUY A CAT
maybe get a cat or you can buy these small boxes u plug into the power point and it sends off high pitch sound only mice and orther rodents can hear and the should soon go away... to block the holes use steel wool like u use for cleaning dishes the mice cant eat through it
Mice can get through incredibly small holes. The expanding foam may be a temporary fix, but at this point in the winter, they're probably moved in already!





We had a couple mice early in the winter--our cat got both of them.





The only other suggestions I would have are eliminating all sources of food and water by being fastidious about your countertops and sinks for a few weeks. We also use sticky traps and rodenticide bait packets. Apart from the two freeloaders early in the winter we don't seem to have any other mice at this point.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment