Friday, February 12, 2010

Does anyone know alternative ways to get rid of mice?

I have mice in my kitchen. I tried traps, but I would prefare to deter them from comming at first place. Is there a way to get rid of them other than setting a trap?Does anyone know alternative ways to get rid of mice?
I use to have mice in my old flat - try an electronic repellent from B%26amp;Q / Homebase or similar (less than 拢10). It plugs into the mains and emits a high pitched noise that humans can't hear but that mice can - this makes it uncomfortable for them to be in the vicinity of the repellant and they will go. It worked perfectly in my flat! Although i don't think you can use it if you have pets...Does anyone know alternative ways to get rid of mice?
Get a Cat
buying a cat? i had a cat in my old place %26amp; never got mice. this creates another problem tho! vet bills, cat food %26amp; neighbours getting annoyed when ur cat craps on their lawn %26amp; not ur own. a small price to pay for no mice tho im sure u will agree
Decon or Borax mixed with syrup ,The borax and syrup is great on rats
Get some expanding foam and try to seal up all the places you think they are getting in, it works, seals the hole right up, mice can also fit through the smallest cracks too, so just seal away.
dip them in various colours of sugar-frosting. sell them at church fetes. tell the kids that they're *supposed* to be crunchy.
get a cat or phone pest control for help
find out where they come in and either block it or put something in there that they cant get past, make sure you dont leave any food out that they can smell too.
Get a cat
geta cat
Steel wool in the holes or expanding filler seem to do the job OK. Cats may sound fine but I've got one who catches the things somewhere else and brings them home alive - and a big soft tom cat who's scared of mice.
try putting a very strong glue down...theyll get stuck to it ahahahahaha
Get a cat... two would be better!!!!! They would leave .....real quick!!!!!!
Mice dont like peppermint..so grow a few plants and perhaps make some sachets with the leaves and place them around where they come in. Or ...get a cat.
You have to check around the outside and inside walls and the floors. They can come through the heat ducts, too. We pulled out the trim around the wall and put metal mesh hardware cloth down where the floor meets the wall and replaced the trim.





I have put steel wool pads in holes under the kitchen cabinets. Look for their holes and block them. Find their nest areas, clean them out and keep those areas clear.





Check around the foundation for spaces and fill them with foam.





Get a good cat or two. Cats are the final solution for mice.





We found a person with an animal control business who found all the holes in one of our rentals. He put traps out, and filled in the holes etc. It cost around $150.00 including the follow up visits. It's only been 6 weeks or so, so I am not sure if the benefit will last or not.
try wire wool in the holes they cant bite their way through it
a cat
Seal EVERY hole and crack with steel wool. I have found the sticky traps work best. I add peanut butter and this works EVERY time. I don't really like Decon as the mice may get behind a wall and die - nasty. Mice are worse as winter approaches so get busy and fill those cracks.
I don't know how you would get some, but my family used humane traps. It looked like a tiny cage... you slide a cracker with peanut butter in a slot, the mouse walks in, and springs the back door closed. Then, we took it outside of town and dropped them off (it was on my dad's way to work.)





Now, I have mice as pets!
yes indeed. ask your local pest controller about ultrasonic devices, they are excellent for repelling rodents and insects.
Get a cat. They also kill insects.
save a cat from your local shelter and the mouse will pack his bags quick.
They can get through openings as small as a dime, so block off everything. If you don't stop them ASAP, they will nest %26amp; have babies in your house- a real thrill.
Land mines?
I bought an electrical device, which guaranteed to deter them with a high pitch wine --- I came home and found a live happy mouse sitting on top off it ---- get a cat!
Adopt a cat. Sorry that is the only one I know of. I do not believe the electronic devices work. I tried the ones that supposedly repelled mosquitoes. It didn't work. I am told that just the scent of a cat can deter rodents from moving in. Try fostering a cat if you do not wish to adopt long term.
a cat
if you do use traps use the humane ones so the mouse isn't hurt at all then you can release the mouse outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment