Friday, February 12, 2010

What's the best way to get rid of mice or rats in the backyard?

I saw a few mice or rats in my backyard. I'm not an expert, so I don't know exactly what it was, but it looked about 7-8 inches long. I want to get rid of them, and I don't care if my ways are humane or not. I'm disgusted by them however, so a trap would be least preferable option since it will require handling of the rodents. Is there something I could use, either something smelly or a high-pitched sound generator of some sort that would drive them away? I don't have any other pets, so interference of the signal with pets is irrelevant.What's the best way to get rid of mice or rats in the backyard?
1. you could bait them...but you must use a lockable trap to avoid children ,pets or non target animal getting to them


2 you should be able to buy cage type traps which use no poisons and do not hurt the animal....the advantage of this is if what you think is a rat may be a native animal and you can release it in a suitable location...


if they are rats you can kill or release them





you can make a trap your self for outside.....buy some PVC pipe ....cut into a lenght that young kids can't reach the middle


drill a hole both side of the pipe at centre of length


then wire in wax block rodent baitsWhat's the best way to get rid of mice or rats in the backyard?
Use mice and rat poison. They come in packets, and the mice will chew through the paper and eat the poison. good luck.
I agree, cats are ferocious killing machines with an unquenchable thirst for flood. Other than that i'd say invest in a bb gun and some beer to pass those long evenings of target practice.
Why not get a cat and keep it in the backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment