Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How do you get mice smell out of an electric oven?

I have an electric stove that is not used in the winter. It is in a cabin and when I started to use it now- the smell is just awful. You cannot even stay in there until you turn it off and open the doors. It is from mouse urine and possibly dead ones in the insulation. Is there any way to rid the smell from the oven?. I have left it on for 4 hours at a time thinking it would burn off. But is just gets worse. I am thinking the stove is ruined.How do you get mice smell out of an electric oven?
The smell if from the insulation that has soaked up the urine. The insulation is on the sides and maybe on the back. I had the same problem many yaers ago, the smell does get better if all the rodents leave. Removing the insulation sovles some of the problem but it needs to be replaced with new. Remove all the pans and burners to look for dead ones. Next problem is rodents love to eat wires. If this is a part time home than you probably have a mice condo going on in there. When you leave they move in when you come home they only go on vacation. Buying a new stove each year is probably not what you want to do. Get traps and poison !!!!!How do you get mice smell out of an electric oven?
Well, it's probably ruined now. You might have tried, oh, I dunno... maybe cleaning it out, before you baked on all the urine, feces, and corpses.
Maybe you clould clean it out with baking soda or white vinegar?
Honestly, I would just replace the stove.


Knowing what mice carry as far as diseases, I wouldn't want to take the chance.





You could get a spray bottle and put bleach or vinegar in it and let it soak. Though, I am not too sure as to what that will do to the electrical system.





Just buy a new one.
kick the mice out
Did you try removing the mice from the insulation?





I'd say once the bodies ';dry'; the smell will be reduced. But for sanitary purposes, I say remove the bodies or get another stove.

1 comment: