Sunday, February 7, 2010

How do I get rid of mice in my home?

I live in a new flat so didn't expect mice to be a problem. However, having seen one a couple of weeks ago I put down some traps. I have managed to kill two of the little blighters, but we still have some others scurrying around at night. I don't want to put down poison as I don't want them rotting away in my walls and causing a stink. Any ideas?How do I get rid of mice in my home?
I had this problem in an old house - I put down traps. I got one a day for almost 2 weeks - mice breed like no-ones business and are only pregnant for 6 weeks before delivering their litter - meaning the amount in your house can grow very rapidly.I didn't like doing that but it was out of control and they were climbing on the kitchen worksuface at night and leaving droppings (I lived with some dirty student girls who never washed up and didn't seemed bothered by it) Use traps, get evrything up off the floor and disinfect the place - if that doesn't work call the Council Pest Control they will put poison down and then come and remove them a week later You need to get rid of them for cleanliness but also becuase rats follow mice (they see them all going to a food source) and rats carry nasty diseases that can even kill.





Do not leave any food or dirty plates out ever, empty your bin regularly and keep the floor clean.





good luck!How do I get rid of mice in my home?
Borrow a friends cat for a couple of weeks.
you really need to get on this problem,keep setting the traps,i know its not nice but you must do,and consider poison,there are some sticky mats you can get,that traps em,what about lone-ing a friends cat till you get rid of them,they dont like cats and usually move out,dont know what your coditions of tenacy are but if only for short time get the lone of cat,or see if you allowed one,they really are very affective,good luck hope this helps
get a cat!!


get in contact with your local council and they will have a pest control department
the best answer without poison are traps
get a pet..dog or cat.....there are some poisonous thing u can but from stores to kill mice
get a cat
Rat poison, just beware if you gotta pet the pets dont eat it!
Get yourself a cat - best deterrent ever - tried and trusted for years xxx
just keep using the traps ,its always worked for me .check for any holes around your flat an fill them with silicone ,which u buy in a tube and always keep food high up in cupboards that the mice cannot get into.dont leave piles of clothes or rubbish for them to nest in.
Try a 12 bore shotgun. lol
buy a cat
Best and only sure fire way is to get a cat.
Glue traps are the best method to trap rats and mice.





I found detailed information at http://www.pests.in
Traps
They Make a product called critter ridder...It has the odor of a fox and cat... even chipmunks and squirrels leave I don't know why it wouldn't work with mice
This is a big problem as I would imagine that you can't have a cat because of the whole flat thing. You can keep going on the traps, but mice multiply like god knows what, so you will need to poison them too. Probably best to contact the pest control department of your local council first to see if there's anything they can do.
A hungry cat
plug in a sonic alarm
Where there is two visible mice they are a colony of about 100-200 unseen. The best thing to rid yorself of mice is a cat. The mice will smell the cat and they will leave, never to come back.


I lived in a house that was over 100 years old and I never saw a mouse in five years. That was because I had two cats.
Put down poison as this is really the best way. Any rotting mice will not make much of a smell if any as they are so tiny the amount of flesh to rot is minimal.


Best of luck and have a happy Christmas.
Borrow a cat.
Buy a cat
Cats are good


So are traps





But don't do both! Cats tend to get stuck!
set traps and put poison around the house or jus kill if u c them
I would put out traps especially the sticky kind and keep it up. I would try the sonic things to see if they really work GOOD LUCK. I gave up with our rental units and went with poison. None of the tenants would clean out the traps and they smelled any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment