Friday, February 5, 2010

How do you prevent field mice from getting inside your home?

I recently moved out to the country.I've never had problem with mice until now. I caught one a month ago and now I have one or maybe even two. I can't stand it anymore. What can I do?How do you prevent field mice from getting inside your home?
Seriously think about adopting a young cat..... females hunt better than males.


(they do, its weird, but I have 3, 2 males 1 female, and the female hunts EVERYTHING.. she has caught houseflies out of mid air, and just last night jumped about 3 feet in the air to get a moth mid flight!)





I also live in the country... and thus the 3 cats.





I also would suggest glue traps, try peanut butter, rice, grain. etc... or even a dab of water. Mice love water! put a dab on the glue traps, youll catch them!How do you prevent field mice from getting inside your home?
If you're in the country NOW is the time to get a cat or two. SEriously, i'm not being ';cheeky';, they are GREAT hunters. I live in town and my cat catches and kills the mice in our garage. a country cat needs love, food and mice to play with! if your allergic to cats or don't want to care for one then perhaps you should look into the black and decker pest control system. they are these plug in devices that truly work. I have a studio that i don't want my cats in (my art work is there) so I use the plug ins and i don't have mice or roaches here! they also are great at deterring fleas.





here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-EX900鈥?/a>
You need to get oil and peppermint, (the real thing not imatation) put in a spray bottle with water and soak the cotton ball with it mice hate it, put these soaked cotton balls where mice are frequenting and you won't see them anymore.
I have heard using peanut butter on a trap. Apparently mice like it so it will be like a magnet for them.
Time to get a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment