Friday, February 5, 2010

Is it legal to kill mice in an unusual manner?

I am curious if it is illegal to harm a mouse (or any pest) in an unusual manner. I know its not illegal to kill it but are there any laws prohibiting someone from essentially torturing a mouse?





I am NOT saying I am planning to do this at all, I am simply curious as to the legality of it.Is it legal to kill mice in an unusual manner?
Interesting question. While on the one hand anticruelty laws pertaining to unspecified animals in general could possibly be interpreted as applying to mice, on the other hand mice are also legally considered to be pests and hazards to public health %26amp; safety, so many actions that might be considered animal cruelty if applied to a dog or cat are legally permissible methods of killing mice.Is it legal to kill mice in an unusual manner?
Yes, it is illegal to torture a mouse just like it is any other animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment