Friday, February 5, 2010

How do you get rid of mice urine smell in wood?

Kitchen cabinets reak of some kind of urine. Please help me to rid of smell it's awful.How do you get rid of mice urine smell in wood?
baking soda, club soda, talcum, 5% bleach solution will sanitize also.How do you get rid of mice urine smell in wood?
I would first scrub them with murphys oil soap, see back for mixing directions. Then once dried I would sprinkle baking soda on each shelf and allow to sit for a day with the doors closed...this absorbs the odor. Vacuum out the baking soda. If that doesn't work, then I recommend using red wine vinegar, the acids in it break down the odors. I used this method on my tile bathrrom floor where I had little boys who couldn't aim, it worked better than anything else I tried. I would then treat the cabinets with an orange oil spray, this conditions the wood more.
Shellac is a perfect sealer for odors. In addition, it sticks to about anything. You can buy it in easy to use aerosol cans or as a pre-mixed liquid. It smells good and dries in just a few minutes.








Be sure to get a fresh can as it starts to degrade as soon as the shellac is dissolved in alcohol. You want something less than a year old.
Apply liberal amounts of cat pee.
cat

No comments:

Post a Comment