Friday, February 5, 2010

How do I get rid of mice that have invaded my home?

I have moved into a home and it has a real problem with mice. I have tried various methods of getting rid of them from traps to poison and they will not leave. To tell you the truth, I don't think that the poison did anything. I see that the poison has been eaten, but then I find green mouse droppings which to me means that the poison just passed right through! Anyone have anything that they have done to help get rid of these pests?How do I get rid of mice that have invaded my home?
Here are a couple of different solutions and I know both of them work.





The first is that you should get a cat. I had an 18 pound cat and even though he was large and hefty I know he caught at least ten to fifteen mice.





The second idea, and especially if you don't like cats or you are allergic to them is a mouse trap. Wal-mart has a specific kind of mouse trap that is a box so that you don't have to see the dead mouse. My ex got those and he caught about five to ten mice that way.





Both methods work but if you don't want to do either of those then I would suggest an exterminator if you can afford one.How do I get rid of mice that have invaded my home?
how about a snake
exterminator!
Get a cat... unless you hate them. You could also call an exterminator.
eliminate any food source. try and find out where they are coming in so u can block the hole. check under your sink for holes. they have hav- a-hart traps which catch them so u can take them down the street to the woods somewhere instead of killing them. u set one when u go to bed %26amp; check immediately the next morning. make sure theyre closed when not in use. if u just kill them which is mean, others will still keep coming back. u have to find their entrance and block it. if its an odd shape steel wool will work.





usually strong scents such as cayenne pepper, moth balls, or peppermint extract will work because they hate the smell. a new product called fresh cab works too and it's all-natural and smells good to humans. see links below.





if u look where a past person asked the same question %26amp; i answered-- the scents are working for him.
Talk to an exterminator....they can suggest posions that are not harmful to the environment or people...and invest on lots of cats...they will atleast scare the mice off....
call an exterminator, and get a cat!! Make sure you get rid of the poison if you get a cat.
Get a couple of cats to put in the house. Put the poison up so the cats don't ingest it.
You have to get rid of their food source. Cover all garbage cans with lids, and call an exterminator!
Getting a cat, even for a little while, will help. Not only do they hunt the little suckers, but the smell of the cat discourages mice from coming in. But I suspect the real problem is not killing the mice, but that new ones keep coming in. What you need to do is fill every single crevice and crack along your walls and floorboards with steel wool. It's really the only thing mice can't get through. Just be careful when you're handling it. (I cut my hand pretty bad when I was putting it in in my apartment, so I'd suggest using gloves.) As for catching the ones you have already, it's not the most humane way to go, I guess, but glue traps really work.
get some mothballs and put them wherever you know they are( under sinks, behind w%26amp;d, in closets and under beds etc. They will leave and never come back if you keep a few out always. No need to put so many out that your house smells like a cedar chest but enough that you can barely smell them. This works for spyders also. Been doing this for yrs and not one mouse or spyder. Don't know why this works but it does~!!!
Glue traps are the best method to trap rats and mice.


I found detailed information at http://www.pests.in
Depends kill or make shure they have no where to live
Hi,


I hope I can help you. You have a few options.


1. hunt 'em down and smash 'em up with a sledge hammer.


2. go to http://doyourownpestcontrol.com/mice.htm (I had this problem and found this site very helpful)


3. Set a special trap and sit up for days and nights (literally) for help with this contact me.


4. buy every type of poison you can mix 'em add in some nice smelling stuff and wait.


5. Feed 'em and keep 'em as pets.


6. hire a pest control (I know someone)


and that is all I can suggest. Good luck and you can contact me on chris_in_the_hemel@hotmail.com once again Good Luck with your furry little friends!
put a big lump of cheese in your garden

No comments:

Post a Comment