Friday, February 5, 2010

How do I get rid of mice inside my walls?

They aren't coming in the actual house, they're in the walls so I can't use traps. I thought of removing a couple of wall outlets and putting poison in there but then I have dead mice in my walls.How do I get rid of mice inside my walls?
I would strongly advise you to contact a pest control company. They should be able to assist you with the problem. I agree putting poison in the walls will only create another problem and the smell will not be pleasant trust me, we had a family of them get in between our main floor and false insulated floor at our cabin. We tried doing the job ourselves. The smell lasted for weeks however we did eventually get them out by ripping apart the false floor in the area. I would strongly recommend a professional for the job though.How do I get rid of mice inside my walls?
can you call an exterminator??? They are not all that high priced here but not sure where you are, I would probably cut a whole and set traps but fix it where they cannot get in through the whole.......not sure how you would do that either, but I hate MICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! goood luck I am sure you can hear them. I would check the traps and dump them every day and reset more.....
you can go to a farmer supply store and buy nuggets in a tub that will atract the mice outside i dont remember what it is called but it does work you just put it around the foundation of your house or in the crawl space if you have one any one at a farm supply store will know what i am talkin about once you get them attracted outside it also is poison that kills them
Are you positive they are never coming into your house? Just about every time my parents or I have heard mice in the walls in our respective houses, they have eventually come into the house looking for food. It might not hurt to put some live traps out, just in case. I've had great success with this trap in my house:





http://veganstore.com/index.html?stocknu鈥?/a>





I've caught over ten mice with it so far and it can be used over and over indefinitely. Or, you can try making the free homemade humane trap described here:





http://www.helpinganimals.com/wildlife_l鈥?/a>





If you do live trap mice, please be sure to check the traps several times a day and release the mice promptly, approximately a mile away from your home. It is much more cruel to allow a mouse in a live trap to slowly starve to death than to kill it quickly with a snap trap. Also, if you use the live traps outside, put some bedding (torn-up paper towels or cotton balls) inside the trap so the mice won't freeze to death during the night. When you release the mice, do it in an area with some sheltering bushes or plants.





The absolute cruelest traps are glue traps. Mice have been known to gnaw off their own limbs and tear off their skin in an effort to escape, as they starve or dehydrate to death or suffocate in the glue. Poison isn't any better, as the mice die slowly and painfully from internal bleeding. It can take up to a week for them to die, and then they smell as they rot behind your walls.





If they are really never coming into your house, consider yourself lucky and try not to worry about it too much. I don't know of a way to get rid of them, unless those ultrasonic-type devices really do work. You probably won't want to use those if you have pets, though.





Good luck!
you can get a mouse poison that kills the mice and dries them up so there is nothing left but dust and a little fur so there is no smell from the dead mice plus the mice will usually come out into the house in search of water and then die so you can just pick them up and dispose of them. I don't know where you live but we have it in Canada and it's called Warffin(it comes in bags and looks a little like dry oatmeal and you can just toss the unopened bags in the walls, basement and attic)
poison
Get a hungry cat.
Glue traps are the best method to trap rats and mice.


I found detailed information at http://www.pests.in
Ultra-sonic rodent deterrent. Get one that sends an ultra-sonic noise through the houses wiring system.My mice were gone within 2 weeks,along with moths,spiders etc.And the cat hasent had any fleas since.

No comments:

Post a Comment