Friday, February 5, 2010

How can I get rid of mice and rats in the backyard without poisons or traps?

They come in to my yard to eat the fruits and veggies I see them traveling on the power lines and neighbor's trees. They show up at night. Don't have any problems with them coming inside. I think they live somewhere nearby, maybe an industrial area...





Don't want to trap them because I have to kill them after anyway, it's illegal to release them in the city. No poisons because I have dogs and a cat.





Has anyone ever tried the shake away repellents or peppermint oil?How can I get rid of mice and rats in the backyard without poisons or traps?
You need outdoor CATS !How can I get rid of mice and rats in the backyard without poisons or traps?
Maybe you can make like a compost pile type thing. Throw some (older) fruits and veggies into a pile near the garden and see if they just eat those. I have no idea if that would work, but it may. Also, you can get those live traps and then release them in the forest or similar (if illegal in the city and you don't want to risk it).
Hanging iridesant reflective foil strips works on other animals.





Cut strips and attach to what ever you can in the garden and trees.. When they blow, they catch sun light, change colors and make noises





I read they hate the smell of peppermint.
http://www.gardeners.com/Keeping-Animal-鈥?/a>








Try this it seems as though there are some useful suggestions on this page. The spray repelent is good however you must reapply it often!
Perhaps your cat is not a hunter. My cat is on the chase all the time: mice, birds, flying insects, anything that moves.





Get a cat that hunts.
Throw a pile of trash in your neighbor's yard everynight, include apple cores and other food waste, don't get caught ;0 lol, No, I like xxmorbids response. try that
your best bet is to spray the repelent around where they are gathering, as long as you keep your pets away from the spray site for a few hours it should be fine.
You can get traps that kill them in the progess of trapping them :)
Move to a nicer neighborhood.
Just use a sticky trap and throw them in the garbage.
Tell your cat to take care of them.
Get another cat. The one you have right now isn't doing it's job.
Call when of thoes people(I forget what their called) but thay'll get rid of the rats and mice!
nope sorry that the only way
buy an owl

No comments:

Post a Comment