Sunday, February 7, 2010

What is a humane way to get mice out of my house?

I want to get the mice out of my house but I don't want to kill the poor little things. Any ideas?What is a humane way to get mice out of my house?
I'm sure if you go to Lowes or Home Depot there are some humane traps. They just lure the mice in and keep them stuck in a cage. Then just release them in the woods or back yardWhat is a humane way to get mice out of my house?
The best way to get mice out of the house is to get rid of their food source. Go through your cabinets, pantry, under the stove, behind the refrigerator, etc, and make sure there are no crumbs, accessible containers, etc





After cleaning out behind the stove, etc, and making sure there are no crumbs, and checking cabinets, you should go through your pantry and secure all food. It is beneficial to seal all foods in containers that mice cannot get into.





If you remove the source of food, they will move to their next destination.
Buy some of those cage mouse traps. You can probably get them at a hardware store or somewhere like that. The mouse crawls in the trap, the cage door swings shut, and the mouse is not hurt at all. You can let them out somewhere else. Use peanut butter as bait. I did this and it worked well...that little mouse was sooo cute! It was happy to be let out in a field and left the experience perfectly fine, if not better off.
Hi *Smile*... Why don't you try the plug in devices that send out sound waves that make them really uncomfortable. We use them and have not had any mice since just after we plugged them in!!!! The mice aren't hurt but are in a hurry to pack their bags and book the next train out of there!!!!





Good luck with your mousie troubles!!!! *Smile*
Use the sticky pads, when they get stuck you just have to put olive oil to get them off. This way you don't kill them and you can let them free at a safe distance from your house. This is what I do.
I hate killing them too, but if you don't, they'll either come back into your house or they will go into someone else's house (risking the spread of certain diseases).
What I do, is when I see them I trap them with a plastic cup and take them outside.


Although its very time consuming.
Sorry, but when it comes to mice I want them killed because they carry disease
get a kitty :)


mine doesnt do anything to them. just scares them.
shoot 'em in the head with a bb gun, it is fast and painless if your aim be true. Lock and load!
I always use the humane glue traps. They don't kill the mice.
Lure them with cheese droppings out your door.
Hava-a-Hart traps. Or maybe give them a stern talking to about boundaries.
look for humane traps.
clean your house.
secure all food products so they can't get to them

No comments:

Post a Comment