Friday, February 5, 2010

How do I get rid of mice from my bird aviary for good?

I have tried baits, wire but not to keen on traps for obvious reasons, Have set enviro free traps but there is to much good stuff around to keep them interested so they dont go near it. I also have small dogs and a cat. Do I just learn to live with them tho I'm phobic?How do I get rid of mice from my bird aviary for good?
';Tin Cat';


http://www.birds2grow.com/prod-tincat.ht鈥?/a>





';From The Buggy Professor's ';CLUB THE BUGS %26amp; SCARE THE CRITTERS'; by Dr. Myles H. Bader ';Rodents, and especially mice, are allergic to OIL OF PEPPERMINT and will not frequent areas where they can smell it. Place ONLY A FEW DROPS of oil of peppermint on a piece of cotton and place it where there is a mouse problem. Use only the ';real'; oil of peppermint -- NOT peppermint extract -- for best results.';


http://www.landofvos.com/articles/wingti鈥?/a>





';Use ';snap traps'; inside a box with an entrance hole large enough only for mice to prevent birds and other pets from being injured.';


http://www.birdsnways.com/wisdom/ww35eii鈥?/a>How do I get rid of mice from my bird aviary for good?
Quit overfeeding the birds. The birds are obviously knocking over extra seed to the ground to attract the rats/mice! Clean daily, the bottom of the aviary.
you need to mouse proof the aviary properly so they can't get in the cage, you must have holes or cheap stuff they can chew through
I used to have this problem in my aviary and I also have dogs.


I went to a professional exterminator and he recommended 2 big bait stations (with keys). (Do not buy the small ones).





I bought 2 that are tamper proof to keep other pets and children out of the bait box. Put the poison blocks inside and that's it. Try to keep the stations always fullI and from time to time change the brand of the poison.





This solved my problem, hope it works for you...Check this site: http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/mous鈥?/a>
you might want to get some sheets of metal,try to put them in ground just below aviary(down to 4-6 inches below ground level) then up2-3 feet.make sure it is tight against aviary to prevent them from squeezing in.this is what my uncle did to keep mice and chipmunks out of his aviary.it is slippery and they can not climb it.put it on the outside tho to keep birds from accidentally getting injured from any possible sharp edges.
you will get rid of mice when you put some food in a very sticky trap put at least 3 sticky traps and check it time to time then when you see the mouse put out your cat and dogs. and cover some holes in your house and that is where they pass.
You need to improver your bird aviary to a point where the mice can not enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment