Friday, February 5, 2010

How do I get my mice to mate?

I know you put a male and female together, but how long does it take them to mate? How old do they have to be to mate? And how often do they mate? Also do you have to separate the parents after they have babies? Thanks!How do I get my mice to mate?
Mice can become pregnant at 4 weeks, but it is really tough on them.聽 Actually, breeding in general is tough on a mouse.聽 It is recommended you wait until the mouse is 12 weeks old.聽 Do not try to breed your mouse past the age of 8 months, as an 8 month old mouse is considered elderly.聽 If you introduced one of the mice after the other one already established its territory, you might not get anywhere.聽 Make sure the house is clean and that both mice are introduced to it at the same time.聽 Mating takes place within 1 to 5 days the mice are introduced to the other and the mouse will deliver within 19 days.聽 Please separate the mice once the doe gets pregnant...It is safer for her and the babies....Good luck!How do I get my mice to mate?
I don't know but i think the female has to be in heat.


But ya I would seperate them because I had to with my rats

No comments:

Post a Comment